History and Background of the School
The school has a long history; it was originally established in the village in the 19th Century and the old building can still be seen on Town Street. The school moved to its current site and building in 1979. It is well known in the village and the local area, and is respected as a school which achieves high academic standards.
The pressure for places for the initial Reception class is high, but places do sometimes become available due to family moves. The presence of some children from families with a parent studying at Saint Johns College or the University means there is some movement in the school, although the majority of children stay with us throughout their Primary education from age 4 to 11.
Children attend our school from a wide area including Bramcote, Beeston, Chilwell and the City of Nottingham. Many are the children of Christian families, some of the children of families attending Saint Michael’s Church, others live locally within the parish of Bramcote and some come through other parental choice.
A majority of the staff are practising Christians; all are fully in sympathy with the caring, Christian ethos of the school. The school is fortunate to have such a hard-working, experienced and highly-skilled staff team.
At Bramcote Church of England (Aided) Primary we aim to have
“Life in All Its Fullness”.
We will learn together to create a joyful and caring Christian Community.
We believe each person to be a gift and will love and encourage each other to unwrap our full potential in mind, body, heart and spirit to become the person God wants us to be.
We believe that if each child is valued they will grow to have confidence and independence, having choices over their own destiny, able to express themselves whilst listening to others.
We respect and cherish the differences in others. We gladly take on our responsibilities towards the local community and the wider world.
We aim to:
• Nurture children to have a love of learning for life
• Ensure that the curriculum is based on values found within the teaching of Jesus,
is broad and balanced, offers opportunities for enrichment, meets all national
requirements and maximises the potential of all children
• Ensure that children attain the highest standards they can, in all aspects of their school
life, but especially in the vital areas of Literacy and Numeracy
• Provide an environment which encourages self discipline, ensuring children develop
enquiry, independent learning and investigative skills
• Promote an ethos which encourages the development of a positive self image, self
confidence and self worth and values the achievements of all
• Ensure that children acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities they will need in adult
• Nurture the children in a Christian environment, experiencing meaningful collective
worship, whilst respecting all cultures, religions and backgrounds
• Create and maintain positive relationships with all the children and adults who are
involved in school, valuing and welcoming the important contribution made by parents
• Help to develop faith, in each individual within the school and its community
• Maintain and extend the very positive links with the parish church and wider Christian
• Provide an inclusive environment, ensuring access to our building in line with national
• Remember that a child’s Primary school days should include FUN!
Please visit our website at http://www.bramcote.notts.sch.uk/index.html